Are your day-to-day activities in keeping with your deepest values? Does your work currently reflect the things that are most important to you? Do you have confidence in your relationship to contemporary technology, and any responsibility you might have for its creation and use?
This participatory workshop will give you the opportunity to reflect on your values, and check-in to see if your work-life matches your broader desires for yourself and your communities.
You’ll leave with a better sense of self, and actionable, simple steps you can take to start living a life more in keeping with your core values.
Topics to be covered include:
- Why is it important for people who make things to understand their values?
- What responsibilities do individuals working in design and technology have in an ethically complex world?
- What can we do when forces exist that make it challenging to be our authentic selves?
- How often should we check-in with ourselves to make sure we are living in a way that matches our values?
Activities will include:
- Defining a set of core values
- Reflecting on questions related to past professional accomplishments and experiences
- Considering future desires for ourselves, and setting achievable goals to work toward making those wishes a reality
Who's it for?
This workshop is appropriate for designers, technologists, and business owners who want to have a better understanding of themselves and their work.